This Slow Wine Weekend introduces guests to five estates around McGregor and in the Robertson Wine Valley that produce either organic sparkling wine or in the traditional Méthode Cap Classique of Champagne.
This drive-yourself package includes accommodation in a country inn, and in McGregor Village, as well as meals, selected MCCs, wines and wine tasting.
We provide transport with a designated driver for Saturday transport to tastings, wineries and dinner on Saturday, at an all-inclusive cost of R5,900 per person sharing. Terms and conditions apply.
Many of these wines are produced in very small quantities requiring labour intensive hand-riddling – several times a day. Included in the itinerary will be Lord’s Winery which has now won three prestigious awards for their MCCs, among others, including for the 2016 offering which you will enjoy over this weekend.
Ease into summer’s heat with a Slow Wine Weekend that’s all about bubbles.
|Friday afternoon 11 November|
|17h30||Arrive McGregor and settle in Green Gables Country Inn/accommodation around the village|
|19h00||Wind down from the week with a glass of Paul René MCC, gazing at the Langeberg Mountain range from Wonderfontein Estate.|
Join winemaker, Henk van Niekerk and his family for a traditional Friday night supper (which Henk will probably cook!)
If you ask nicely, he may also take you on the journey of Paul René’s bubbles.
|Saturday 12 November|
|09h00||Champagne breakfast @ Lord’s Winery with award-winning MCCs|
|13h00||Bubbles by the River (or, weather permitting, on the River|
|After||Chill time – snooze, get a pamper or explore McGregor village|
|19h00||Dinner @ Lady Grey /Tebaldi’s Restaurant: meal designed around more MCCs and selected|
|Sunday 13 November|
|Check out from accommodation|
|09h00||Champagne breakfast on the veranda – Green Gables/Flora’s Eating House/Grape De-Vine|
|11h30||Depart McGregor and head for Nuy for a final tasting of bubbly and tappas|
*Itinerary subject to change and will be finalised when bookings are confirmed
Numbers limited: only 12 people can be accommodated in any Slow Wine Weekend (minimum 8)
Closing date for bookings: 20 October 2016
Two nights’ accommodation, with all meals including food and wine pairings, wine tasting and transport for the Saturday day-trip:
R5,900 per person sharing (single supplements apply)*
- Transport to tastings, wineries and dinner on the Saturday
- Wine tasting fees
- All meals and 1 glass of wine per course for dinner and lunch/brunch
- Transport to and from McGregor, to dinner on Friday and to lunch on Sunday
- Other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, extra wine with your meal and/or wine purchases at the cellars you visit
- Donations or services not specifically listed on your final itinerary
Terms and conditions apply
- Booking for experiences closes 3 weeks before the selected weekend
- The theme and schedule are subject to change at short notice.
Next Slow Wine Weekends
Prepare for a hectic festive season by putting up your feet and enjoying a McGregor Experience over the weekend of 2 – 4 December 2016.
Corporate and year-end getaways
Need a novel experience to end off the year, and thank your executive team for their hard work?
A Slow Wine Weekend offers a perfect combination of activities that allow you to combine formal interaction and relaxation with your team and, if you wish, their partners.
Based on our McGegor Essence of McGregor weekend (or ask us to design an itinerary for you), the programme can be adapted or extended to include your specific company business with a parallel spouse’s programme of activities with our “un-wine(d)” partners
Looking ahead to 2017:
- The January Slow Wine Weekend (27 – 29) will focus on the valley’s white wines – perfect for hot summer days.
- Celebrate your Valentine in the heart of the African Winelands during February with your beloved and the valleys special and famous bubbles
(we are working on a special programme, so watch this space for updates)
- Four-day Harvest Festival (17 – 21 March) making bread, wine and grappa – four days of fun, wine and food related activities in the vineyards, cellars and McGregor’s only distillery
Make sure you don’t miss the details of upcoming Slow Wine Weekends by subscribing to our newsletter!
Please share the love of food and wine by sharing this using the buttons below.
© Slow Wine Weekends 2016