This romantic Slow Wine Weekend has been designed around bubbles for lovers and lovers of bubbles. introduces guests to five estates around McGregor and in the Robertson Wine Valley that produce either organic sparkling wine or in wines in the traditional Méthode Cap Classique of Champagne.
This package includes accommodation in typical village accommodation, either in a country inn or in McGregor Village, itself. Meals, selected MCCs, wines and wine tastings, as well as transport to tastings during Saturday are also included.
Many of these wines are produced in very small quantities requiring labour intensive hand-riddling – several times a day.
We provide transport with a designated driver for Saturday transport to tastings and wineries outside the village; dinners will be at village establishments within walking distance of your accommodation – perfect for those romantic, sunset strolls.
All this at an all-inclusive cost of R5,900 per person sharing. Terms and conditions apply.
After breakfast, join garagiste winemaker, Ilse who’s range of Bemind wines are named for her lifelong love affair with wine and the craft of making wine.
Then, the bus will collect the group and head to Wonderfontein to taste Paul Renee’s MCC – hosted by winemaker, Henk van Niekerk, before heading back through the village and on to the Road to Nowhere for a scenic, romantic lunch on the stoep at Lord’s Wines.
Then, enjoy a relaxed afternoon in your accommodation and/or arrange a treatment for you and your beloved with one of McGregor’s Un-wine(d) partners.
Numbers limited: only 12 people can be accommodated in any Slow Wine Weekend (minimum 8)
Closing date for bookings: 31 January 2017
Two nights’ accommodation, with all meals including food and wine pairings, wine tasting and transport for the Saturday day-trip:
R5,900 per person sharing (single supplements apply)*
- Transport to tastings, wineries and dinner on the Saturday
- Wine tasting fees
- All meals and 1 glass of wine per course for dinner and lunch/brunch
- Transport to and from McGregor, to dinner on Friday and to lunch on Sunday
- Other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, extra wine with your meal and/or wine purchases at the cellars you visit
- Donations or services not specifically listed on your final itinerary
Terms and conditions apply
- Booking for experiences closes 3 weeks before the selected weekend
- The theme and schedule are subject to change at short notice.
Next Slow Wine Weekends
- Four-day Harvest Festival (17 – 21 March) making bread and wine – four days of fun, wine and food related activities in the vineyards, cellars and McGregor’s only distillery
Make sure you don’t miss the details of upcoming Slow Wine Weekends by subscribing to our newsletter!
You can do this on the menu on the right side of any page on our website!
© Slow Wine Weekends 2017